Thursday, December 18, 2008

Unrelated to Gays: Baghead, bro


I saw the movie Baghead recently. It was my first foray into mumblecore, but I didn't know that going in. I just knew it was supposed to be horror-y, and it was called Baghead. I ended up enjoying it a pretty great deal--I literally knew nothing about who made it or what the point was supposed to be, so everything that happened was a surprise. Good acting, a surprise. A plot, a surprise. THE plot, a surprise. It was basically a dramedy, driven by engaging characters, shot handheld for that feeling of real life being captured. Then there were the horror elements, which were handled far better than I thought--the stalking, tension-filled scenes are framed absolutely perfectly. Whatever, I liked it, it wasn't the DARK KNIGHT, because not even your god is equal to those heights, but it got me through the night, so fuck it. On DVD on the 30th Dec.

No comments: